Escapedes include, but are not limited to:

Making pots and cardboard creatures, learning how to run a business and market myself, exploring the graphic art world, applying to graduate schools, and enjoying my time in beautiful Colorado.


...................................................................................................................................................................................................

Friday, September 10, 2010

Black Rock City






mmm.. I don't know where to begin when trying to describe my burning man experience. Living in a city of giving, loving and open people creates an opportunity for incredible self discovery. Black Rock City is a place that offers anything you could ever want or need. The playa will provide, and often did for me. For instance..after beginning a long, long walk home with tired feet from dancing all night long, I was offered a ride home on a "taxi" motor scooter. On another occasion I was exploring the city during the day and started to feel light headed and there before me was a camp giving out homemade kombucha! At night it felt as if we were in another universe. People and moving objects are lit up in spectacular blinking colors. Art cars buzzed by in the forms of cruise ships, giant roosters, butterflies, and pirate ships. The art was alive with bursting fire, and the music was out of this world. Such care and attention was paid to the music venues..for instance my favorite spot was Nexus, which was designed to be an adult playground. Rope ladders, rings, and wooden platforms created the areas to dance on. In the center was a giant ball of flames and platforms where fire performers spun poi and hooped. The experience was like a long dream, where anything could happen. I met so many beautiful, brilliant people that I hope to see again in Black Rock City.

No comments:

Post a Comment